Disability Vehicles For Schools
Whether you are taking your students on a daytrip or a longer camp, you don’t want those children with disabilities to miss out. Our wheelchair accessible vans are available for short or long term hire, or lease.
At Freedom Mobility we are flexible in both our periods of hire and in the layout of our vehicles. Give us a call and discuss your needs.
Short Term Disability Vehicle Hire
At Freedom Mobility we have wheelchair accessible vans available for daily hire. Short term hiring of modified vehicles is perfect for schools with one or two students with disabilities (e.g. spinal injury, Spina Bifida, Muscular Dystrophy etc.) where the purchase of a van is not warranted.
Our wheelchair accessible vehicles:
- Come with wheelchair lift, wheelchair hoist, or wheelchair ramp
- Can take one, two or three wheelchairs at a time
- Have seating configurations enabling students to face one another while travelling
- Come with all fittings and restraints to ensure safety and security
- Are well laid-out and spacious with plenty of headroom
- Are well maintained and meet all VANZ and LVVTA certification standards.
We are also able to supply modified cars modified with easy access.
Long Term Disability Vehicle Hire
Our modified vehicles are available for longer term hiring for transporting disabled students to camps, sports events, etc.
Disability Vehicle Leasing
Some schools have an everyday need for a disability modified vehicle. At Freedom Mobility we can arrange to lease one of our modified vehicles to your school; leasing usually involves usage for one year or more.
The advantages to a school in leasing a disability vehicle include:
- We pay the registration fees
- We organise the CoF
- We take care of all repairs and maintenance, and
- If the vehicle is off the road, we supply a replacement
A lease vehicle is ideal for schools whose need for a disability vehicle is long term but may not be permanent.
Contact us about a disability van for your school.